Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eyes and Ears.....

We finally got some good news yesterday about Rylee's ear infections and her clogged tear duct. I haven't posted much about her eye, but ever since she was born she has had a clogged tear duct in her right eye. Basically, the water can't drain from her eye so it builds up in the corner (under the skin) and gets infected. We have to massage it and clean it out several times a day and it is soooo nasty. She wakes up every morning with her right eye matted shut.

The pediatrician kept telling me that it would clear up on its own, but it never has. My sister had this problem as a baby and had to have surgery on her eye, so we figured that Rylee would have to have the same procedure - we were right.

We found out on Wednesday that Rylee has to have tubes put in her ears because she has had a constant ear infection for four months. While I was talking to the ear doctor about her procedure I mentioned her eye problems and he suggested doing both surgeries at once so that she wouldn't have to be put under anesthesia twice. All I had to do was clear it with the eye doctor and we would be good to go. So, I called the eye doctor and was able to schedule an appointment for today. I went in expecting her to say that we had to wait until Rylee was a year old to do the eye surgery, but she was 100% on board.

This is such an answer to prayers. Our poor little baby has had ear aches and a nasty eye for so long and I am so ready for her to be able to see and hear comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment