Saturday, January 23, 2010

Christmas - a little late

I honestly thought that after I finished school I would have so much free time on my hands.....I am not really sure when that will start. :) Between work and the holidays I have not skipped a beat since walking across that stage. As a result, I never posted anything about Rylee's first Christmas.
There were several "firsts" this Christmas. Obviously it was Rylee's first Christmas, but it was also her first time in snow (I'll get to that later). It was also the first time I have spent Christmas Eve without my sister. :( Back to the snow - on Christmas Eve we were planning on leaving around noon to head to Breckenridge to see my mom's side of the family. When we left Melissa the skys were blue and it really wasn't that cold. As we got closer to Denton the sky turned darker and it started to snow. By the time we got to Run Away Bay it was a full blown blizzard! We really should not have been driving in that weather, but I was determined that Rylee would spend her first Christmas Eve at Grandma Turner's house - that is my FAVORITE part of the holiday and we were not going to miss it! So, Curt's mom let us borrow her Taho which is a 4 wheel drive and we headed west. It normally takes us 3 hours or so to get to Grandma's....this time it took 5 1/2 hours! But we made it! Unfortunatley, my sister and brother-in-law were not able to make it from Oklahoma because I35 was shut down.
Anyway, here are some pictures from Rylee's first Christmas!

Opening presents at Big Mama's

Family picture at Big Mama's house
The whole family (even Roofus) at Grandma Turner's

Opening her presents in Breckenridge

Family in snow at Grandma's!

No comments:

Post a Comment